Emotional Support Resources -- State College, PA
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, most areas offer a lot of additional services for emotional support.
For our families in State College, Pennsylvania, here are just a few ideas for resources.
- Penn State University Counseling and Psychological Services offers wellness and self-help options, group/individual/couples counseling, crisis intervention, psychiatric services and community education and outreach. Visit https://studentaffairs.psu.edu/counseling to learn more.
- The Mental Health Task Force is a jointly established task force by Centre County and the Borough of State College to recommend enhancements to, and identify strengths of, the mental health crisis delivery system in Centre County. Visit https://www.statecollegepa.us/694/Mental-Health-Task-Force to learn more.
- The Meadows Psychiatric Center is an inpatient treatment facility, where individuals facing a mental health crisis can “find the stability, support and treatment they need.” Visit https://themeadows.net/ to learn more.
- Centre Helps provides four key program areas – 24-hour helpline, basic needs case management, educational programming, and volunteer training. Visit https://www.centrehelps.org/ to learn more.
Fundraisers and Events:
- Pennsylvania Mental Health and Wellness Conference
- November 18, 2021
- Virtual event
- Learn more: https://10times.com/namikeystonepa
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Forming Relationships with Children Whose Siblings Have Special Needs
May 16, 2022
Rivermont Schools Welcomes New Principal, Natasha Bailey for Potential Northern Neck Location
May 13, 2022
Nostalgia and Mindfulness: The "You" You Once Knew
May 09, 2022
Mental Health Concerns and Ending the Stigma
May 02, 2022