About Roanoke Southwest
1354 8th Street, SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
- Developmental Delay
- Emotional Disability
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Other Health Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Mrs. Stephanie Bowersox, Ed. S, Principal, invites you to learn more about this location and the services we provide for students with special education needs.
Mrs. Stephanie Bowersox, Ed. S
We are happy to offer on-site:
- Special Educational services with VDOE-licensed teachers and mental health associates; small class sizes and individualized instruction based on student IEPs
- Individual and group counseling services provided by licensed LCSW and LMFT
- Career Readiness and Transition services
- Schoolwide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Multi-tiered system of supports throughout the school
- Social and Emotional Learning curriculum
- Speech, Occupational and Physical therapy services provided by Cora Health per student IEP
Each New Story Schools location offers a handbook to inform our students and families of the policies and procedures in place to achieve safe, efficient, and well-operated schools.
Please download Roanoke Southwest's school calendar to view important dates for this location.