Autism Resource List -- Pittsburgh, PA
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, most areas offer a lot of additional services for autism support.
For our families in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area, here are just a few ideas for resources.
- The Autism Society of Pittsburgh “provides information and referral to parents and professionals about diagnosis, care, treatment, educational, medical and habilitative services.” To learn more, visit https://autismsocietypgh.org/.
- The Autism Connection of Pennsylvania provides telephone support, weekly autism news, and autism-friendly activities, and coordinates more than 76 support groups across the state. To learn more, visit https://autismofpa.org.
- Achieva offers support and resources for employment, housing, early intervention, money matters and family support for individuals with disabilities. To learn more, visit https://www.achieva.info/.
- Miracle League of Southwestern PA provides the opportunity for children and adults with physical and mental disabilities to play organized baseball. To learn more, visit https://www.mlswpa.org/.
- CEFAR (Center For Excellence in Autism Research) at the University of Pittsburgh is “developing new interventions for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and conducting clinical trials to assess efficacy.” To learn more, visit https://www.cefar.pitt.edu/.
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Supporting Students' Mental Health in the Fall and Winter
November 20, 2023
How to Have Career Conversations with your Special Education Student
November 08, 2023
Eleven Fall and Winter Activities for Children with Special Needs
November 08, 2023
A Day in the Life of a Clinical Director
November 07, 2023