Emotional Support Resources -- Columbus, Ohio
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, many areas offer a variety of services for emotional support.
For our families in Columbus, Ohio, you can some emotional support resources below.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Franklin County is an affiliate of the larger NAMI, which works to raise awareness and provide education, advocacy, and support groups for individuals with mental health conditions and their loved ones. Visit namifranklincounty.org to learn more.
- Mental Health America of Franklin County is an affiliate of Mental Health America, which provides pro bono counseling, family advocation, support groups, online screenings, workplace and community programs, peer support, and more services. Visit mhaohio.org to learn more.
- Columbus Behavioral Health provides therapy for many areas including anxiety, body image, depression, relationships, trauma, and more. Visit columbusbehavioralhealth.com to learn more.
- Sun Behavioral Columbus partners with hospitals, doctors, schools and social service agencies to “solve the unmet behavioral health needs that exist in neighborhoods across the country.” Visit sunbehavioral.com/columbus/ to learn more.
- Big Lots Behavioral Health Services provides psychiatry, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, psychology, crisis services, inpatient services and more. Visit nationwidechildrens.org/specialties/behavioral-health to learn more.
Fundraisers and Events:
- NAMI Walk -- Saturday, October 9 at Polaris Fashion Place Mall parking lot. Learn more: https://www.namiwalks.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.event&eventID=1100
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Supporting Students' Mental Health in the Fall and Winter
November 20, 2023
How to Have Career Conversations with your Special Education Student
November 08, 2023
Eleven Fall and Winter Activities for Children with Special Needs
November 08, 2023
A Day in the Life of a Clinical Director
November 07, 2023