Autism Support Resources -- Columbus, Ohio
Posted: September 24, 2021 | Written By: New Story Schools | Category: At Home Help
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, many areas offer a variety of services for autism support.
For our families in Columbus, Ohio, you can find some resources below.
- The Autism Society of Central Ohio is an affiliate of the larger Autism Society of America. This organization provides advocacy, education, information and referral support and community. Visit autismcentralohio.org to learn more.
- Disability Rights Ohio provides advocacy for the human, civil and legal rights of people with disabilities in Ohio. Visit disabilityrightsohio.org to learn more.
- Easter Seals Central & Southeast Ohio provides early childhood intervention, educational and therapeutic services, individual family service plans, transportation, in-home visits and transition to preschool. Visit easterseals.com/CentralOhio/ to learn more.
- Lettuce Work Nursery helps young adults with autism transition from high school to the workplace by providing the opportunity for them to work in a retail nursery and greenhouse. Students learn workplace communication, social skills and appropriate workplace behavior. Visit lettucework.org to learn more.
- The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders provides toddler and early intensive behavioral intervention, parent training, social skills interventions, behavioral consultation, school consultation and transition services for individuals with autism spectrum disorders. Visit nationwidechildrens.org/specialties/center-for-autism-spectrum-disorders to learn more.
- The Nisonger Center at The Ohio State University has a team of researchers, clinicians, teachers, staff and trainees that provide interdisciplinary research, education, training, clinical services and dissemination activities. Visit nisonger.osu.edu to learn more.
Fundraisers and Events
- Autism Speaks Columbus Walk -- Sunday, October 10 at Columbus Commons Underground Parking Garage. Learn more: https://act.autismspeaks.org/site/TR/Walk/Ohio?fr_id=6180&pg=entry
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Team Member Spotlight: Anthony Fleming - Mental Health Associate (MHA)
March 13, 2023
Team Member Spotlight: Mark Sprouse - Behavior Support Leader
March 08, 2023
Pennsylvania Transition Resources
February 28, 2023
Rivermont Career Technical Education Programs Provide Students with Career Training and Opportunities
February 23, 2023