Autism Resources -- Cleveland, Ohio
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, many areas offer a variety of services for autism support.
For our families in Cleveland, Ohio, you can find some resources below:
- Milestones Autism Resources provides support, evidence-based methods, and coaching for families and professionals to help individuals with autism reach their unique potential. Visit https://www.milestones.org/ to learn more.
- The Autism Society of Greater Cleveland aims to serve the autism community by providing information, coordinating support services, and facilitating communication for the benefit of those with autism spectrum disorders from diagnosis through adulthood. Visit https://www.asgc.org/ to learn more.
- The Children’s Center for Autism at the Cleveland Clinic provides diagnostic clinics, ABA services, speech and language therapy, academic services and consultation services and conducts research regarding causes and treatments of autism spectrum disorders. Visit https://my.clevelandclinic.org/pediatrics/departments/autism to learn more.
- The Program for Autism Education and Research (PAER) is a collaboration among researchers from Case Western Reserve University, the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center and the MetroHealth Medical Center to provide research and education into autism spectrum disorders. Visit https://case.edu/autism/ to learn more.
Fundraisers and events:
- Spartan Run for Autism -- Sunday, September 5 at DiSanto Field. Learn more: https://allevents.in/cleveland/spartan-run-for-autism/200021454811253
- Autism Speaks Walk Cleveland -- Sunday, October 3 at Great Lakes Science Center. Learn more: https://act.autismspeaks.org/site/TR/Walk/Ohio;jsessionid=00000000.app30112b?fr_id=6190&pg=entry&NONCE_TOKEN=A6F2EAB914B970601344B9DBB788C127
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Supporting Students' Mental Health in the Fall and Winter
November 20, 2023
How to Have Career Conversations with your Special Education Student
November 08, 2023
Eleven Fall and Winter Activities for Children with Special Needs
November 08, 2023
A Day in the Life of a Clinical Director
November 07, 2023