Autism Resource List -- Wilkes-Barre, PA
New Story Schools prides itself on being a part of the vast and vibrant special education community in the areas that we serve. However, we know that, for most families, the need for services and support rarely ends with the school day. Luckily, most areas offer a lot of additional services for autism support.
For our families in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, here are just a few ideas for resources.
- SAFE (Supporting Autism Families Everywhere) provides a well of knowledge, resources, advocacy, support, family events, extracurricular activities and more for autism families and the community. Visit https://autismsafe.org/ to learn more.
- Children’s Service Center offers services specifically centered around the needs of children and adolescents diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. The program includes staff who are specially trained in Functional Behavior Analysis, Board Certified Behavior Analysis and Applied Behavior Analysis. Visit http://www.cscwv.org/csc/Services/autism_bhrs.aspx to learn more.
- Step By Step, Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation devoted to providing community support services to children and adults in Pennsylvania with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, autism, mental health disorders, and/or substance use disorders. Visit https://stepbystepusa.com/ to learn more.
- Autism Center, Misericordia University “is comprised of a number of services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder across the life-span. The services are offered by credentialed professionals, along with graduate and undergraduate students in programs that reside in the College of Health Sciences. Visit https://www.misericordia.edu/campus-community/clinics-centers/autism to learn more.
- Brighter Journeys “provides words of comfort, direction to resources, and the intention to provide tangible support to families.” Brighter Journeys is “seeking to brighten the journey of any child with special needs.” Visit https://www.brighterjourneys.net/ to learn more.
Please note that New Story Schools is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, these services, but simply provide this as a research resource.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from New Story Schools? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.
Forming Relationships with Children Whose Siblings Have Special Needs
May 16, 2022
Rivermont Schools Welcomes New Principal, Natasha Bailey for Potential Northern Neck Location
May 13, 2022
Nostalgia and Mindfulness: The "You" You Once Knew
May 09, 2022
Mental Health Concerns and Ending the Stigma
May 02, 2022